Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Greatest Spectator

Today, some of my friends ran in the Long Beach Marathon. I was so proud of everyone who participated. My son, my daughter, and her best friend have decided they want to do a half marathon now. As for me - well, I'm a great spectator. I stood along the side of the raceway and tried hard to cheer every single runner on. I yelled until I had no voice. I cried every time someone said, "thank you!" when I had just yelled, "you're doing great, keep it up!". I know, I know, but if you really know me you had to expect that.

The world is a balance, there are givers and takers, mean people and nice people, good things and bad things, participators and spectators. I am doing my part to help balance the world when I decline the opportunity to run for miles while sweating (ew, gross!), hurting my knees and feet and jiggling all over the place in public for everyone to see.

So for now, I will keep making crappy looking signs, and cheering strangers on to greatness from the sidelines. It works for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... the signs weren't crappy.... I liked them, especially the one with my name on it :) Don't sell yourself too short.... volleyball games are boring quiet when you are not there!

Followers