Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Love Kinders!

Two weeks ago I subbed for a kindergarten class for the week. It has been a very, very long time since I have been in a kinder classroom. I realized that kinders really do know far more than we give them credit for. Can they tell you the speed of light? No, neither can I. Can they explain why the sky is blue? I can't either. However, here are the important things they can tell you that will change your life.

1. Arguments really can be solved with a hug and a sincere apology.
2. A forgiving heart is a choice. You either forgive or don't.
3. If you do forgive, forget.
4. Use the buddy system, everything is more fun with a friend anyway.
5. Take time to run, play, swing and be silly. You don't need much, just 10 or 15 minutes will do.
6. Share. Everything you have ultimately belongs to God anyway, so share.
7. Snacks are amazing.
8. Reading is fantastic and so important.
9. It doesn't matter your skin color, your economic status, your hair color, your size or anything else, everyone has the ability to be a friend.
10. A short nap can change your perspective and refresh you for the rest of the day.

Thank you to the wonderful kinders who helped me remember what is so great about them. I love you all!

No comments:

Followers