Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ten Stupid Things That Bug Me

I know you are all wondering what really bugs me. Thankfully, not much to speak of. However, here are the top ten stupid (or not so stupid) things that get me going (in no particular order)....

1. People who forget how to drive when it rains. (Can you tell it has been raining non-stop for 2 days now?) Turn your lights on and slow down people. Really, this is not that hard.

2. Unkind people. Is it honestly that hard to smile and be kind to one another? Maybe Rodeny King was on to something......

3. People who walk their dog and let it poop in someone's yard without picking it up. Bags are everywhere. If you don't have any, save those cheap ones from the grocery store. I never poop in your yard, why would you do that to me?

4. When I am reading a book and there are typos. Don't people get paid big bucks to proofread? If I find something like that, it ruins the book for me. I know, I am a freak.

5. Putting the big forks in the same holder as the small forks in the silverware drawer. In fact, please do not put my dishes away at all. I appreciate your kindness and if you truly want to help me out, wash the windows or do the floors. I hate that stuff. I like my cans all facing the same way and grouped together. For example, keep the soups together, the spaghetti sauce together and the pastas in the same basket by kind.

6. People who cuss. According to Google, "The Second Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for 171,476 words in current use, and 47,156 obsolete words. To this may be added around 9,500 derivative words included as subentries." You cannot find other words to use besides swear words? They only make you sound illiterate.

7. People who smoke. This is never an attractive look for anyone. Plus, it makes you smell bad and turns your teeth yellow. On top of that, it is bad for everyone around you. STOP IT!!!!!

8. People who commonly and frequently say, "Oh My God!" Sorry, I know this is a touchy one but it is offensive, especially if you believe in God.

9. Texting at the dinner table. If I cannot get 30 minutes of your undivided attention each day there is something wrong. You can wait a few minutes to write, "OMG, Wuz up?"

10. Having to wait for the bathroom in a public place just because I am a girl. Why can't the women's restroom be twice as big? You know we never go there alone.

11. Yes, this one is a bonus! People who say, "Happy Holidays!" instead of, "Merry Christmas!" and those who write Xmas instead of Christmas. We do not make exceptions for other holidays. You will never hear someone say, "Happy Candles!" when it is Hanukkah. Why should Christmas be messed with? It is the day of Christ's birth no matter what religion you are. Get over it!

Followers